Thursday, April 8, 2010

Latest hospital stay

Abigail had been admitted to the hospital on Tuesday, April 6. She wasn't gaining weight and for a baby her age, that is considered loosing. She weighed ony 7lbs 13oz. She was admitted for observation. I had to continue to feed her every 3 hours, 95 ml. She gained 5 oz the first night and then 7oz the next night. We were able to go home today, Thursday. The doctor said she was gaining weight and was doing fine so there wasn't much for them to do. She was sent home on a pump for night. She gets the pump from 8pm to 8am. So I only feed her at 11, 2, and 5. This will help her gain weight. I've been having trouble waking up at 2, 5, and 8 in the morning for her feedings. She's so full of smiles and giggles :) She is the love of my life, along with her brother, and my amazing boyfriend :) It's time for bed for me. Hopefully soon, Abigail's ssi will come through and I will be able to afford a car to get around.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness honey. I'm so sorry for everything going on with your poor little baby. How old is she now?

    Is she being formula fed or breastfed? And if she is being formula fed, have you considered donor milk??? It really could make a world of difference in a baby like her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's 4 months now, will be 5 months on the 14th. She is formula fed for the extra calories, she is on 28 calorie formula. I would use breast milk but it doesn't have enough calories. Makes me feel bad that my breast milk, that was made just for her, wasn't enough :( I didn't pump for the first 2 weeks while she was in the NICU.

    ReplyDelete